** As of April – workshop full! email me to put on the wait list. I am planning another workshop to the Palouse for June of 2014, so please email me if you might like to sign up for that one.**
If you have never heard of the breathtaking Palouse region of Eastern Washington, it might be because it is one of the best kept secrets. If you have imagined driving through the gorgeous countryside of Tuscany in Italy, this is almost the next best thing. Home to the second largest wheat fields in the world, next to Russia, the Palouse region is filled with the most gorgeous shades of green, yellow and even red rolling hills in every direction. These fields are a photographers paradise and we will be shooting them from every angle possible during June, the most colorful month of the year. Farm houses, grain elevators, old weathered barns, bridges, tractors and classic scenes of rural America are scattered all around the countryside. The patterns from these wheat fields are addicting and the cloud formations at this time of year in the Palouse can be dazzling in photos. Summer is the best time to capture this one of a kind landscape as the lush green fields are stunning! We will also visit an incredible waterfall at Palouse Falls State Park that photographs beautifully!
We will have instruction and critiques in the meeting room at the hotel and go over everything from camera techniques to the digital workflow. Many aspects of Photoshop will be covered that will help push your images to different levels including mastering layer masks and exploring the best Photoshop plugins. Photoshop is a photographers best friend and we will see how it can help almost any image.
IN THIS WORKSHOP — WE WILL COVER:
• How to create more dynamic images
• How to scout out the best light & compositions
• Finding great locations for your images
• How to shoot panoramas & HDR
• Photoshop techniques including HDR , panoramas & converting to black & white
• How to master your camera gear
• Critiques of your images
The workshop begins at 4:00 pm on Wednesday June 12th and ends on Sunday June 16th after lunch. This will allow people ample time to return home.
The Palouse region is situated in eastern Washington. The nearest airport is Spokane and is approx. 65 miles from the hotel. There are many car rental places at the Spokane Airport to rent a car for the drive to the hotel.
The cost for the workshop is $895 per person. Items not included are: lodging, meals, and transportation. We will carpool to locations and eat as a group at restaurants for socializing, asking questions and continuing lecture discussions.
The workshop is limited to 12 participants.
Basic understanding of your camera operations including using f/stops and shutter speed is needed for this workshop. Basic Photoshop is recommended. This workshop is for the intermediate to advanced photographer wanting to master sunrise & sunset light, composition and camera technique.
- To register for The Palouse Workshop 2013, fill out the registration form and mail to the address listed. For more information or to get the registration form, please contact me here **Update ** Workshop is full – please email me to be put on the wait list. **
2) Next, contact the hotel where we will be staying and make your room reservations. The hotel is the BEST WESTERN PLUS Wheatland Inn, 701 N Main St Colfax, WA 99111 and the number is 877-397-0397. Rooms are reserved under Scott Stulberg Photo Workshops and our room rate is $99 a night for King or double Queen.