HANDS ON WORKSHOPS IN AMAZING LOCATIONS
These workshops are designed to push you out of your comfort zone and understand what it takes to be where you want to be. We emphasize learning how to open your eyes and see differently with the goal to capture the best images of your lives in beautiful locations.
From sunrise to sunset and often after dark with the Milky Way and the amazing night sky, these workshops are the perfect place to explore new possibilities with your photography. From being at the right place at the right time to scouting out the best light and best compositions to talking the technical side of mastering your camera gear and camera settings to learning the latest post processing techniques, these workshops will push you to think different. Getting those creative juices going and shooting with fellow photographers around is the perfect environment to push yourself and come home with some pretty stunning work.
Getting voted Outstanding Photography & Photoshop Instructor of the year at UCLA Extension was a huge honor for me and shows the passion I have for teaching and helping others push themselves in the world of photography. I have been a travel and stock photographer for as long as I can remember and I love sharing my insights from traveling and shooting around this world…as there is so much to share.
Photography workshops are the perfect environment to show others how to open those eyes and let your imagination soar. My workshops are all about teaching, achieving your goals and taking the mystique out of how to create powerful images. Along with hands on workshops in this country and abroad, I also teach photography and Photoshop classes in different schools and have for many years and being in the classroom with students is one of my favorite parts of what I do. I also teach small private workshops here in Sedona where we really hone into so many aspects of photography and Photoshop and of course especially the night sky.
The topics below are very important aspects of photography and what I like to have my students think about and work on all the time…but especially during the workshops. Becoming a better photographer means pushing yourself….and learning….as much as you can….and as often as you can!
” Hi Scott,
I wanted to thank you again for a fabulous workshop. You are just one of the most caring, passionate people I think I’ve ever met and I really appreciate how much you really want us to learn. You have a very generous heart and I really love that! ” Ivy Gordon
GET THOSE EYES OPEN
- Learn to see with “new” eyes
- Analyze the light
- Learn from your mistakes
- Explore shooting after dark
- Understand the importance of clouds
- Think before you push that shutter
DEVELOP YOUR OWN STYLE
- Don’t shoot like everyone else
- Find your own vision
- Capture images that move others
- Processing to give you your own look
- Don’t be afraid to try new things
- Get away from your comfort zone
- Try different perspectives and views
- Think outside of the box
- Understand the decisive moment
- Set goals and go after them
- Stay out later and get up earlier
- Master your camera gear and settings
2018 & 2019 WORKSHOPS & CLASSES
May 24th – 26th, • 2019
** 2 spots open **
7 Days • September 29th – October 5th, • 2019
** workshop full ** waitlist only **
4 days June 14th – 17th • 2018 ** workshop full waitlist only
**new workshop added June 17th – 20th, 2018
workshop full waitlist only
Sedona Photography Symposium for 2019
- Join master photographers in one of the world’s most stellar landscapes
- Learn through inspiring presentations, breakout sessions, hands-on field excursions, and special workshops
- Expand your creative vision and artistry
- Strengthen your mastery through elective in-depth workshops in Sedona or the Grand Canyon
- Build confidence in your artistic process
Join us in August of 2019 for a photography symposium here in Sedona featuring top photographers teaching different classes and workshops in this beautiful location. I will be among the instructors teaching and this will be one fantastic get together for all kinds of photography.