This one day course will take the mystery out of creating beautiful portraits indoors and outdoors, in all kinds of lighting conditions. Topics will include composition, poses, working with light, locations, clothes, props, choosing the right gear, capturing people while traveling and more. The course will also dive into the correct camera settings for different situations and how to achieve desired effects from your camera. All kinds of lighting gear will be shown from flash to reflectors and diffusers to portable soft boxes and radio transmitters. There will also be live demonstrations indoors and outside to show how to use certain gear to create the look you want to achieve. The importance of Photoshop in the portrait workflow will also be covered, showing techniques and retouching methods to push your photographs to the next level.
Sign up for my newsletter ~~
- Same Location but Different Time of Day
- The Stunning Southwest 2017
- Eye to Eye: Capturing the Face at UCLA
- Shooting after dark: It’s all about the light!
- Death Valley workshop 2017
- Capturing beautiful bellies
- Loose in the Palouse 2017 workshop
- The best of Italy 2017
- Rajasthan, India and the Pushkar Camel Fair November 2016
- Acadia National Park 2016
- Loose in the Palouse 2016
- The white horses of the Camargue, France 2016
- Afterglow: Shooting After Dark
- Photographing Rajasthan, the jewel of India
- Clothes & Props Can Make a BIG Difference in Your Portraits!
- The Perfect Moment
- Passage to Burma, my new book is out!!!
- Acadia National Park in Maine October 1st-5th, 2016
- “Loose in the Palouse” workshop June 1st – 5th, 2016
- Afterglow: Shooting after dark
- Photographing Star trails
- “Behind the Shot” in Outdoor Photographer magazine